Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The mission and purpose of our Driver - Wheelchair is to compassionately deliver high-quality care. As a Driver with GMR you will deliver the highest standard of basic, as well as advanced patient care.
• Transport/Drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely
• Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and patient home
• Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each
• Ensure wheelchair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit
• Know and use Standard Codes in radio
• Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each
• Report mechanical problems to Fleet
• Adhere to all company policies and
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
• Read maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
• Operate wheelchair, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, and radio.
• Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment, and use time clock.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Some healthcare experience preferred
• High School diploma or GED
• Ability to work in high stress situations
• Able to multi-task
• State EMT Certification
• AHA BLS Certification | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
Ability to use good problems-solving and critical thinking skills
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor/Operations Manager